Thursday 7 October 2021

Introducing: Sophie Dalah

 






The star of the brilliantly offbeat new crime-comedy-thriller, Night Drive

From weareentertainmentnews.com:

Sophie Dalah loves acting in the thriller-horror genre. Her first job was in Angelina Jolie/Universal Pictures’ UNBROKEN where she portrayed “Virginia Zamperini”, Jack O’Connell’s character’s younger sister.  She is best known for her lead roles in DEAD NIGHT (2017) opposite Daniel Roebuck, Barabara Crampton, and Joy Osmanski and SATANIC (2016) opposite Sarah Hyland, Justin Chon, and Anthony Carrigan. Currently, Dalah can be seen in Brad Baruh & Meghan Leon’s indie feature film NIGHT DRIVE, which is about how a rideshare driver’s life is turned upside down after an unexpected series of misfortunes. The film premiered at Fantastic Fest and Byron Bay Film Festival. We chatted with Sophie about why she loves the horror-thriller genre, her new movie Night Drive and how the quarantine affected her career.

When did you get started in acting?

-I first started acting in high school, I would take dance classes on Saturdays all day. The dance school I went to had an acting class, so one day I decided to take it. My teacher was so inspiring and cool and told us about this book called “The Intent to Live” by Larry Moss. I remember reading it and being so excited. All I wanted to do was finish high school, come to Los Angeles, and attend one of his classes.  

-What is it that appeals to you about the horror-thriller genre? 

Growing up my favorite genre was thriller. I love being confused in a film having that feeling you feel, kind of like a detective, and trying to work it all out.   

-You seem to have several movies that are thrillers.

The thriller/horror life chose me! When I made Satanic, I began to feel comfortable working with these kinds of scripts and I guess that’s what I attracted.  

-Can you tell us more about Night Drive and your character?

While questionable with her morals at times, Charlotte to some extent actually reminds me a lot of myself. She is out here in LA away from her family, trying to make things work. I respect Charlotte a lot. No one can get in her way, and she is unapologetic about it. 

-Night Drive premiered at Fantastic Fest and the Byron Bay Film Festival in October. What an honor! Can you tell us where we can view the film currently?

It was truly an Honor. It’s actually still on the international festival route but we’ll know more in a few weeks!!

-What other upcoming projects are you working on?

I have a few things I’m so excited about but I can’t really talk about the details just yet! Stay tuned!

-How has the quarantine affected your career?

I’ve gotten the chance to cook again! It’s made me think about how I’d love to incorporate cooking into my career. It also taught me a lot about resilience, keeping calm and patient in quieter times all while continuing to work on my craft.  

Fun Facts

-What are some of your favorite hobbies?

Cooking, estate sales, watching movies!

-What other genres of film would you like to try?

I really want to do Comedy 

-Who would you like to work with that you haven’t yet?

Terrence Malick would be a dream!

-Which film star’s style do you love?

Angelina Jolie in the 90s!!!

-What is your favorite fitness tip?

Listen to your body, stay active. 

Thanks for the chat, Sophie. Be sure to catch Sophie in Night Drive. To keep up to date on news about Sophie, follow her on Instagram at @sophiedalah.


No comments: