Wednesday 3 February 2021

Dennis Quaid – "The Luckiest Guy On Earth" - Interview With Cryptic Rock


How do you sustain a career in entertainment over four decades and running? Simple: never lose sight of why you entered that world in the first place – for the love of creating! Beginning his professional career as an actor in the late ’70s, Dennis Quaid would attain a slew of success in the years to follow, starring in a list of films including 1983’s The Right Stuff, 1987’s Innerspace, and 1989’s Great Balls of Fire!. Continuing on an upward trajectory, now over 40 years in, Quaid has continued to strike hits, most recently the popular series Fortitude. Amidst it all Quaid has kept his engine running on hard work, dedication, and a passion that burns deep inside.

"It’s a lucky life," says Dennis Quaid in an interview with Cryptic Rock. "It’s not that I feel I don’t deserve it, I’ve worked hard at it. I’m good at what I do, but at the same time, I feel really lucky to still be here. There are so many people I grew up and started out with who aren’t around for one reason or another – either they faded away, lost the fire in their belly for it, or whatever. I am lucky! I have more fire in my belly for it now than I did in my twenties. That’s a gift."

Read the full interview at Cryptic Rock. 



No comments: